Valheim’s Swamp biome is a particularly harmful place, and one that’s prone to shortly kill you when you stumble into it unprepared. It is darkish, scary, perpetually wet, and comprises a bunch of lethal creatures, together with Valhiem’s third boss, Bonemass. The Swamp is a significant step up in problem when in comparison with the Meadows or Black Forest biomes.
However Valheim’s Swamp additionally comprises helpful sources you may want if you wish to progress and turn into extra highly effective. This is how one can discover the Valheim Swamp biome, what it comprises, and what you may have to carry with you if you wish to survive.
Discovering the Swamp
discover the Valheim Swamp biome
As with almost every thing in Valheim, one of the best ways to seek out the Swamp biome is by exploring the procedurally-generated world. It might take some time, and there is a excellent likelihood the continent you begin enjoying on will not embrace a Swamp—although some seeds do. In any other case, you may most likely have to construct a raft or ship and sail to different continents earlier than you discover a Swamp.
The easiest way to acknowledge the Swamp biome from a distance is by its timber. The Meadows have inexperienced, leafy timber and the Black Forest has pine and fir timber, however the Swamp’s timber are darker and extra twisted, with tangled branches and no leaves. Some timber have glowing inexperienced blobs caught to them (Guck sacks), which you’ll be able to see from a distance even at evening. In your map, Swamp biomes seem as darkish brown patches of land.
If you happen to’re nonetheless having hassle discovering a Swamp whereas exploring, you may plug the seed of your world into the Valheim World Generator, which can render your complete map clearly and reveal each single landmass on this planet. Simply bear in mind, doing it will present you every thing in your map, and it is extra enjoyable to discover the world by merely enjoying the sport.
Enemies and sources
What you may discover in Valheim’s Swamp
Within the Swamp you may encounter new enemies and sources. A few of these creatures you may solely discover within the Swamp, others (like draugr, skeletons, and surtlings) seem in different biomes as properly.
- Blob – Toxic inexperienced monsters that hop towards you.
- Oozer – Brown slimes that emit poison fuel and break up into blobs when killed.
- Draugr – Highly effective zombies with bows and axes.
- Leech – Toxic creatures that swim within the waterways of the Swamp.
- Surtling – Flaming creatures that throw fireballs.
- Wraith – Cloaked, flying creatures with a melee assault that seem at evening.
- Skeletons – They’re skeletons.
Swamps have quite a lot of totally different sources you will not be capable to discover elsewhere in Valheim.
- Scrap iron, which could be mined in sunken crypts
- Historic bark acquired by chopping down historic timber
- Withered bones, wanted to summon Bonemass
- Turnip seeds, for rising turnips
- Guck, for crafting inexperienced torches and the Draugr fang bow
- Ooze, dropped by blobs, used for crafting poison arrows
- Bloodbags, dropped by leeches, used for blood pudding and mead bases
- Chain, dropped by Wraiths, used for armor and brazier crafting
What you may want
What to carry to the Swamp
As you could have guessed, the most important hazard within the swamp is being poisoned, which can shortly eat away at your well being. Lots of the enemies within the Swamp have poison assaults, so do not even set foot there till you’ve got acquired some poison safety.
However there are different issues to think about. As a result of Swamp’s perpetual rain, you can be consistently moist, an impact which implies your well being regeneration can have a -25% modifier and your stamina can have a -15% modifier. Disagreeable.
This is what it is best to have with you earlier than visiting the Swamp biome:
- Poison resistance mead
- The Swamp Key (extra on this beneath)
- Bronze axe to chop down historic timber
- Dverger circlet purchased from the Valheim dealer
- Swamp Key – used to open sunken crypts, gained by defeating The Elder
- Minor stamina mead
- Minor therapeutic mead
- Loads of meals
I can not stress this sufficient: carry poison resistance mead with you. It reduces poison harm by 50% for 10 minutes, so it is best to have sufficient to final the period of time you suppose you may be spending there. And you’re positively going to want it. This is what it takes to craft it:
- Tools: workbench, forge, fermenter (fantastic wooden x30, bronze x5, resin x10)
- Mead base: poison resistance (honey x10, thistle x5, neck tail x1, coal x10)
And since you are making mead already, you also needs to make stamina and therapeutic mead to offset the moist debuff you may have from the rain:
- Mead base: minor stamina (honey x10, raspberries x10, yellow mushroom x10)
- Mead base: minor therapeutic (honey x10, blueberries x5, raspberries x10, dandelion x1)
Lastly, you may wish to cook dinner up one of the best meals obtainable to you. For tips about that, it is best to take a look at our complete Valheim meals information.
The Swamp Key
Valheim Swamp Key
Earlier than you head to the Swamp, you may additionally wish to be sure you have the Swamp Key. The sunken crypts, which comprise iron scrap, are locked, and you may want the Swamp Key in your stock to get inside.
The Swamp Secret’s dropped whenever you defeat The Elder, Valheim’s second boss, who could be summoned in Black Forest. If you have not overwhelmed this boss but, it is best to take a look at our information for summoning and defeating The Elder.