DULLES, Va. International Wi-fi Options, Inc. (GWS) launched the outcomes of its community efficiency testing from Tremendous Bowl LV in Tampa and located that 5G efficiency has dramatically improved within the 12 months since Tremendous Bowl LIV. AT&T, Verizon and T-Cellular’s 5G networks all achieved sooner common throughputs, most 5G throughputs and general “blended” 4G/5G throughputs when in comparison with final 12 months’s testing.
Whereas hundreds of followers had been in and round Raymond James Stadium attending occasions and cheering for his or her favourite crew, GWS’ community testing specialists had been additionally on web site measuring 5G efficiency. GWS community checks had been performed utilizing the Samsung Word 20 5G gadgets for AT&T, T-Cellular and Verizon. As well as, the free in-stadium WiFi service was additionally examined.
With a view to assess the followers’ cellular expertise, efficiency information was collected all through all the day of festivities. Extra particularly, testing was performed on the Gameday Fan Plaza earlier than the sport whereas followers had been having fun with pre-game festivities. Later, contained in the stadium, community testing specialists collected take a look at samples at a number of areas all through the stadium concourses and seating areas. 5G community efficiency contained in the stadium was measured previous to the beginning of the sport, throughout, and after (together with post-game actions).
GWS take a look at outcomes present that the operators had been prepared for the large recreation. They invested in protection and know-how in and across the stadium and, consequently, 5G throughputs had been quick, dependable, and obtainable to followers. Every operator was prepared for the frenzy of movies, footage, and social media posts attendees needed to share about their recreation day expertise.
- Common 5G Throughputs: Throughout recreation day, AT&T had the very best common 5G obtain throughput at 1,261 Mbps, with Verizon at 432 Mbps and T-Cellular at 388 Mbps. These lightning-fast speeds for all operators had been dramatically improved in comparison with final 12 months’s 5G efficiency at Tremendous Bowl LIV (AT&T averaged 337 Mbps, Verizon 200 Mbps and T-Cellular 31 Mbps).
- Most 5G Throughputs Achieved: Historical past wasn’t solely made on the sector yesterday, as 5G throughputs of all three nationwide community operators exceeded 1Gbps, maybe a primary at any main sporting occasion; AT&T was in a position to obtain 1.71 Gbps, Verizon 1.51 Gbps and T-Cellular 1.09 Gbps. Once more, 2021’s most throughputs had been enormously improved when in comparison with 2020’s which had been 878 Mbps for AT&T, 924 Mbps for Verizon and 175 Mbps for T-Cellular.
- Total “Blended” 4G/5G Throughputs: When taking a look at 4G/5G blended community speeds (i.e., factoring within the cases when 5G sources usually are not obtainable and the networks revert to 4G), operators had the next throughputs: AT&T 975 Mbps, Verizon 425 Mbps, and T-Cellular 385 Mbps, versus 76 Mbps for the stadium’s WiFi community (in 2020, AT&T and Verizon averaged 150 Mbps whereas T-Cellular averaged 56 Mbps).
- Cell Protection: Whereas taking measurements, GWS’ community testing specialists discovered 67 distinct AT&T cells of which they had been capable of finding 5G on 66; for Verizon there have been 81 cells discovered with 63 displaying 5G; and for T-Cellular there have been 41 cells discovered with 40 displaying 5G.
- Expertise Impression: Along with deploying quite a few cell websites, operators utilized excessive ranges of service aggregation (CA) enabling them to create sizeable quantities of bandwidth (obtainable capability that helps maintain excessive throughputs). Specifically for 5G, GWS noticed a most of eight channel CA (or 800 MHz of 5G spectrum within the 39GHz band) on AT&T’s community 74% of the time whereas testing; on Verizon’s community a most of 6 channel CA (or 600 MHz of 5G spectrum within the 28 GHz band) was seen 77% of the time; and on T-Cellular a most of four channel CA (or 400 MHz of 5G spectrum within the 39 GHz band) was seen 73% of the time (T-Cellular was additionally seeing 5G an extra 20% of the time utilizing 80 MHz at 2.5GHz).
“Our community efficiency testing clearly confirmed that 5G’s capabilities have dramatically improved since final 12 months’s Tremendous Bowl,” mentioned Dr. Paul Carter, CEO of International Wi-fi Options. “This improved 5G service is a testomony to the continued investments made by every operator. As they harden and improve the community infrastructure, 5G will provide extra tangible advantages to customers throughout the nation.”
GWS performed aggressive benchmark testing throughout the foremost operators (AT&T, T-Cellular, and Verizon) all through Tremendous Bowl LV on Sunday, February seventh, 2021 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. Assortment was performed using SwissQual QualiPoc on Samsung Word 20 5G gadgets.
GWS testing specialists performed assortment on the Gameday Fan Plaza outdoors the stadium in addition to all through the concourse areas and seating contained in the stadium.
International Wi-fi Options